Benefits of joining HANZA
- Information – Any group wishing to start a new Homeshare program for their clients can have the advantage of the considerable amount of documentation we have developed to support the program. In particular, we have developed a Planning and Operational Manual which aspiring organisations will find invaluable.
- Support – HANZA and its members can discuss all aspects of the Homeshare program and offer practical advice and assistance to all those interested or participating in the program.
- Education – HANZA has training programs to educate new Homeshare practitioners.
- Website – This website is designed to provide information and support to members as well as inform other interested parties about what we are doing. It also guides prospective clients of Homeshare to an appropriate program to fill their needs.
- Homeshare Community of Practice – HANZA hosts a CoP four or five times a year to share knowledge and experience and promote interaction between Homeshare practitioners.
- HANZA News – A quarterly newsletter keeping you abreast of new developments in the Homeshare community and in ageing services more broadly.
- DVD – This is available to interested persons.
- Promotion – HANZA committee members are available to visit organisations and groups to promote Homeshare throughout Australasia. We regularly present at conferences, to professional groups and community organisations.
HANZA has three categories of membership:
- Full organisational members – those organizations with a funded, operating program.
- Associate organisational member – those organisations with aspirations to deliver a Homeshare service.
- Individual members – those who support the Homeshare concept and HANZA’s purposes and objectives.
- Achieve recognition and acceptance of the Homeshare Program as a valid service in the aged care and disability service systems.
- Achieve recognition and acceptance of the International Homeshare Model as the valid model for Homeshare Programs in Australasia.
- Achieve a long-term sustainable financial model for Homeshare programs.
- Facilitate the establishment throughout Australia and New Zealand of Homeshare Programs, auspiced by non-profit organisations with close ties to their local communities.
- Promote best practice amongst Homeshare programs across Australasia, which result in high quality outcomes for all Homeshare participants.
HANZA adopts a process of working together which is collaborative with no legally binding structure. A document of understanding has been developed underpinning these ideals, and which organisational members are asked to sign. It caters for the joining of new members at any time, and wording of the agreement can be adjusted from time to time by request of and in consultation with members.
For all enquiries please contact us.